Posted by Mariah | Posted in 21-Day-Adventure Cleanse, Appetizers & Sides | Posted on 29-01-2012
Alright, I know what kale chips sound like. And these are baked kale chips, no less. But you’ve got to believe me when I say, they’re awesomely delicious! And much easier to make than baked potato chips or even sweet potato chips. Better yet, served with a healthy dipping sauce, they are indeed kid-friendly.
1 bunch of curly-style kale (about 6 ounces)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 or 4 shakes of sea salt (or to taste)
1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry kale well.
- Pull the large leaves off of the thick stems of the kale.
- Tear kale into large, chip-sized pieces.
- Toss with oil, vinegar and salt.
- Optional: sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Arrange on 1 or two baking sheets in a single layer. TIP: Use parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until kale is crisp and slightly brown. Your chips should be very light and crispy — be sure to bake longer if they aren’t.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of choice — ketchup, healthy ranch, BBQ — and your favorite sandwich!